Visa support application
Visa support application
Japanese government announced that starting from 0:00 am (JST) on October 11, 2022 , prescribed applications in the Entrants, Returnees Follow-up System (ERFS) completed by the receiving organizations located in Japan will be no longer required for new entry of foreign nationals into Japan. The application of visa exemption will be the same as before the corona disaster. The visa support application ended on September 30. If you need assistance, please contact the registration desk.
The details are shown in the following URL.
Entry to Japan
The following items will be needed to enter Japan.
Your request for the visa support will be accepted after the paper selection is finalized (around the middle of August). Please make sure you carefully read the following conditions and check if you meet the requirements before you request.
< Website of Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan >
Applicants must meet all of the following conditions to apply the visa support:
- You are among the author(s) in the accepted abstract
- You have completed the online registration.
- Your registration fee has been paid.
* Please note that if any of above requirements is not met, the visa support cannot be accepted.
* Your visa support request might be rejected by the organizer due to certain reasons.
* Please note that the organizer will only provide visa support to applicants who will be staying in Japan between Nov 12 to Nov 19, 2022. If you will stay in Japan for an extended period, please note that your visa support request might be rejected by the organizer due to certain reasons.
The following documents will be issued to the applicants who has meet all of the above conditions:
- Invitation letter
- Letter of guarantee
- Letter of reason for invitation
- Schedule of stay
- Certificate of enrollment of inviting person
< Please read the following before applying the visa support >
- Since it takes time for obtaining visa, we suggest you to contact the Japanese Embassy/Consulate-General with jurisdiction over your place of residence immediately to ask the detailed procedure and what documents you need to prepare. (In addition to the documents prepared by inviting person/guarantor in Japan, you may be required to present some documents. However, since it depends on the local situation and the purpose of the visit, please contact the Embassy/Consulate‐General.)
- Please be noted that preparation of visa documents doesn't mean guarantee of entering Japan. The visa application to Embassy or Consulat-General of Japan in your country should be proceeded on your responsibility, and we are sorry that the PVSEC-33 has no responsibility for that. Additionally, PVSEC-33 has no responsibility for cancellation of travel fees including flight tickets, hotel booking, etc. In addition, PVSEC-33 has no responsibility for the case you are not be able to attend the conference due to the results of COVID-19 tests before and after your flight.
- Please be noted that it may take a week or more to prepare the documents. It may also take time to send you the documents.
- Requirements for quarantine and documents for visa applications may be different depending on your departure country as well as vaccination certificates. Please confirm necessary requirements by your own responsibility.
- Kindly confirm in advance the details of your transit visa on your own responsibility, if you fly on to Japan via any countries. We will not take a responsibility on it. In addition, please check both the conditions and the period of quarantine of the transit country (countries) on your own account.
- Due to the border measure, eligible purposes of entering Japan is strictly limited. We will not be able to provide visa support if you include schedule other than the PVSEC-33, quarantine period, or transit stay around the international airport during your visit to Japan.
Visa Support Application Deadline
September 30, Friday (Japan Local Time=GMT+9:00)
* This deadline does not guarantee the approval of Visa.
Regarding Border Enforcement Measures, please keep yourself updated with the latest information through links below.
- Japanese Border Measures
- Border enforcement measures to prevent the spread of novel coronavirus (COVID‐19)
- Measures for Resuming Cross‐Border Travel
- Information on the Novel Coronavirus Diseases (COVID‐19)